[CentOS] Centos 7.5 - Gnome3 - KVM - Keypad numeric failure

Fri Sep 7 00:45:04 UTC 2018
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Everyone,

I have a problem with the numeric keypad while using a Centos 7.5 new
installation with kvm.

When I login to the host machine using gnome3 or classic gnome the
numeric keypad does not function.  If I activate another 7.5 guest
machine with gnome3 the numeric keypad on the guest does not work
either.

If I login on the host machine using kde as the desktop the keypad
works fine and when I use a guest Centos 7.5 with gnome3 the keypad
works.

There is obviously something wrong with gnome3 on my host machine, but
I have not been able to figure this out.

Has anyone else had this difficulty.  I have plenty of other Centos 7.5
machines that work like a charm.  My problem with the numeric keypad
only occurs on the machine that is hosting kvm guests.

Greg Ennis