[CentOS] a problem with the kdelibs-4.14.8-6.e17_3

Sun Sep 30 18:15:09 UTC 2018
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I closed firefox before updating it and rebooting.
On starting it again, all my tabs came up blank.
Refresh didn't refresh.
I tried konqueror to see whether it would work.
It did.
I eventually discovered that I coulld click in the address
bar and hit enter to get the effect of a refresh.
While using konqueror, I got a pop up announcing a problem
with the subject package and asking me to report.
I clicked on report.
I got asked for my password.
I typed it in and clicked on authenticate.
The wheel is still spinning.
My GUI screen in effectively froxen
I can move the curson, but that is all.
Clicking has no effect.
I'm typing this from an alternate terminal.

Recommendations?
Should I reboot?
Try to ID the evil process and kill it?
Wait it out?  For how long?

BTW I'm getting a lot of keyboard bounces and research is difficult.
How can I adjust?

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards