[CentOS] Centos 7 rsync problem

Wed Sep 12 13:10:46 UTC 2018
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 09/12/2018 03:15 AM, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:
> On the new mail server with centos 7 (full updated) the rsync starts but
> stop transferring files after some minutes and disappears from Top but
> service is alive on ps aux.

You might be able to get some information about the process by getting
its PID from "ps", and running:

   ls -l /proc/<pid>/fd

There should be three rsync processes, and I don't remember off the top
of my head which one you should be looking at.  Check all of them.  One
should have files open in the source, and another should have files open
in the destination.  If those don't change periodically, it might
indicate that the directories they have open are extremely large, so
look at those.