[CentOS] git.centos.org migration, please read

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Apr 2 11:47:38 UTC 2019

As pre-announced a long time ago (see
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2018-October/016997.html) ,
we'll migrate git.centos.org to a new host/platform (pagure/repospanner)

The current migration is planned for : April 8th (more details later
about the exact hour, as we need to have acknowledgement from all
involved people).

Instead of writing a long email, we instead decided to put focus on a
dedicated page, that will , after migration,  replace the current one.
- current one : https://wiki.centos.org/Sources
- new one : https://wiki.centos.org/Sources_new

After migration, we'll rename/swap both pages, to reflect the changes
that will go live next monday.

As a reminder : we had https://git.stg.centos.org and
https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org in "sync" since October, replicating
to each other instance. We also got good feedback from CentOS
contributors who started to use it to test the new features, including
the automatic ACL for protected branches, and some pkgs from CentOS
distro were even built through that staging instance , to validate that
it was working the way it was designed.

So please read that wiki page (https://wiki.centos.org/Sources_new), and
we can also add/correct things in that page, based on future feedback.

WRT existing repositories : they'll all be imported (already validated)
but if you had access (RWC) to a specific project, you'll have *first*
to login with your ACO account, and then ask to be added to the ACL, as
well as changing the "git remote" url, to point to ssh (all pushes are
going through ssh, as previous gitblit/git.centos.org allowed https pushes)

PS: while the date is normally April 8th, if there is a chance that we'd
need to change that date, we'll post an update in this thread

PS2 : Fedora infra is in "freeze" mode , meaning that during our
migration, we'll start with only the CentOS branches, and Fedora will
import their repositories/branches in the existing repospanner cluster
later, and so the Fedora/EPEL branches will then automatically appear on
https://git.centos.org

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab