[CentOS] In place upgrade of RHEL 8 Beta to CentOS 8?

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Apr 10 17:33:39 UTC 2019

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 13:13, Leon Fauster via CentOS <centos at centos.org>
>  wrote:

>>> As much as I *hate* systemd, you should be aware that C 6 is EOL next
>>>  year, and then there will be *no* updates to it.
>>>
>>> mark "suppose I should start looking at C8"
>>
>> Any expectation for the date of the C8 release :-)??
>>
> No more than there were for CentOS-7 afer RHEL-7 came out or for CentOS-6
>  after RHEL-6. It takes a lot of work to build a release and that takes
> time and effort.. most of it staring at the same bits everyone else is
> looking at going 'hmmm why didn;'t that work this time?'

Hopefully, not quite as long, given the work upstream was doing to make
trouble for Oracle when they were building 7.

But it's not like I'm in a real rush.... This would be for home, for my
workstation, for my antique (2009) HP Netbook (I use when I travel for
email and news). Not sure what I'll do when my new lady and I build her a
new system, since she wants Linux.

        mark