[CentOS] postgis-2.0.7-2.el7 still in epel7-testing?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:36:24 UTC 2019

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 09:04, Danny Smit <danny.smit.0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a fix in postgis, which seems to be fixed already in
> postgis-2.0.7-2.el7.
>
> However that package seems to be 'stuck' in the epel7-testing repository:
>   https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=750618
>   https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-b6c229157e
>
> Is there a reason that the package is not pushed to stable yet? Or can
> it be pushed to stable?

Packages usually do not get pushed to 'stable' until they have been given
some karma (that part at the bottom of the bodhi link). To give karma which
will count, you will need to do the following:

1. if you do not have one already, create an account in the Fedora Account
System (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/),
2. download and test the update
3. go to https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-b6c229157e
4. log in as your FAS account.
5. scroll to the bottom and give positive or negative karma.

If the package gets +2 it will be automatically pushed. If it doesn't it
stays in testing. As Alexander Dalloz says later, this is more appropriate
on epel-devel at lists.fedoraproject.org but I wanted to let people know since
the question regularly shows up here or in #centos

> --
> Kind regards,
> Danny

Stephen J Smoogen.