[CentOS] Outliner

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Sun Apr 14 16:15:46 UTC 2019

On 14.4.2019 13.42, H wrote:
> I would love to find an old-fashionedoutliner, like the ones that
> used to exist prior to the modern GUIs. It would make writing
> structured documents, or organizing thoughts in general, so much more
> convenient, productive and faster. Ideally it should allow saving
> files in txt, OO and markdown formats...
Org-mode fits the bill. Emacs org-mode seems to get positive reviews,
and it has been ported to vim too (many alternative plugins, but
probably with less features than the original emacs version).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Org-mode

Org 9.2 was released in December 2018, so the development seems not to
be dead.

I have no personal experience with any programs of this type. I
sometimes use the outline mode in MS Word, just because I'm lazy.

- Jussi