[CentOS] Outliner

Denniston, Todd A CIV USN NSWC CD CRANE ID (USA) todd.denniston at navy.mil
Tue Apr 16 15:00:02 UTC 2019

<SNIP>

> Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Ideally, I would like something
> similar to PCOutline and similar that once were popular with the PC-DOS
> crowd. In other words, a very simple, non-GUI that does not require a
> mouse to be productive, minimal formatting in the program itself, simple
> keyboard combinations to copy, cut, move trees around in the document. No
> formatting required but it should have the ability to export to markdown,
> OO and simple txt-format.
>
> Too much to ask for?

Although I don't use an outliner myself, those things get discussed often enough over on the LyX users mailing list for me to remember them happening.
Mr. Litt seems to prefer vimoutliner[1].  I assume vimoutliner runs in vim, inside of a text terminal (or in gvim GUI if you are so inclined), so vimoutliner  may be closer to the DOS environment you remember.
The 'Fragility' thread[2][3] lists a few different outline tools, and some of Mr. Litt's essays on outlining[2], which may include other outline tools.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg86203.html
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg104538.html
[3] https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg104539.html

--
Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.