[CentOS] Are linux distros redundant?

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:58:32 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:32 AM Andrew Holway <andrew.holway at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What OS are your k8s clusters running on?  How about your cloud
> > providers?  Mine are on RHEL and CentOS.
> >

> I don't know. We use fully managed services from Google. I think its coreOS.

      Some of us build the infrastructure others use, which is what
Google does. That includes having baremetal servers people can access
(reserve, tell it which OS to install) to develop code for PCI devices
which will later be used by the Google and Amazons which will then
abstract them to their users.

If you are working at the kubernetes level, you could not care less
about whether a given NIC works or is giving the maximum performance;
you do not even care about which NIC is being used.

It is all about what you do.