[CentOS] Are linux distros redundant?

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Apr 24 15:14:05 UTC 2019

>> What OS are your k8s clusters running on?  How about your cloud
>> providers?  Mine are on RHEL and CentOS.
>>

> I don't know. We use fully managed services from Google. I think its
> coreOS.

I'm wondering what desktops you run then, are they also running on
Kubernetes? I know some prefer Windows or Mac OS, but others really like
Linux to work with. How would that work if no Linux distributions exist
anymore?

Apart from that, there are people in this world who like to stay as far
away from G**gle as possible. And there are some who do it with good
reason and the same applies to A**zon, A**le, M$$rosoft you name them.
They will never ask if distributions became redundant.

I'm afraid too many clouds make the wider horizon invisible :-)

Regards,
Simon