[CentOS] faI2ban detecting and banning but nothing happens

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Fri Apr 26 13:54:43 UTC 2019

> I did wonder that myself.  I have now amended to Dovecot definition in jail.conf to:
>
> [dovecot]
>
> port    = pop3,pop3s,imap,imaps,submission,sieve,25,1025,465,587
> logpath = %(dovecot_log)s
> backend = %(dovecot_backend)s
>
> I then unbanned and banned each IP address manually with

Did you reload the configuration? ("fail2ban-client reload")

What action are you using - you mention ipset, are you using iptables-
ipset-proto4? I don't know anything about ipset, but can you see what
ports are being blocked in the fail2ban-dovecot set (just to make sure
it is doing the correct thing).

If you manually add an IP address to the *exim* jail, does it get
blocked?

P.