[CentOS] "Untrusted application launcher (desktop launchers)"

Phil Wyett philwyett at kathenas.org
Sun Apr 28 18:49:31 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-04-28 at 19:42 +0100, Phil Wyett wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-04-28 at 14:25 -0400, Robert Heller wrote:
> > wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Just chmod +x the desktop files.
> >
> > That is NOT the problem...
> >

> > > That or teach the users how to do things correctly.
> > >

> > Oh, yeah, you really think I am going to get very far telling *non-techies*
> > to:
> >
> > 1) Open up a terminal (right-click on the desktop and select "Open
> > Terminal")
> > 2) Type at the shell prompt (huh? what is a "shell prompt")
> >
> >    /usr/local/bin/arduino &
> >
> > OR
> >    gnucash &
> >
> > OR
> >
> >    scratch &
> >
> > These happen to be the three desktop shortcuts I am providing.  Yes, the
> > last
> > two can be found by searching through all available applications, if they
> > know what to look for.  It is so much easier to say: click on the light
> > blue-green infinity sign for Arduino, click on the pile of money for
> > GnuCash,
> > or click on the scratch cat for scratch.
> >

> Hi,
>
> 1. Do not jump to caps and shout at me. Not polite and will not get you
> anywhere.
>
> Ok, go back to a debian based list and learn how to bundle the applications
> yourself. This way you can supply all the required desktop files. If you
> cannot
> do this, get another job.
>
> I would test this on debian stable as I was the author of the backported
> security patch. However, I am not inclined to do so.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil

Hi,

You could always try gio setting the metadata for trust. A little google gave
this thread that may help.

Regards

Phil

- --
*** If this is a mailing list, I am subscribed, no need to CC me.***

Playing the game for the games sake.

Twitter: kathenasorg
IRC: kathenas
Web: https://kathenas.org
Github: https://github.com/kathenas
GitLab: https://gitlab.com/kathenas

GPG: A0C3 4C6A AC2B B8F4 F1E5 EDF4 333F 60DC B0B9 BB77