[CentOS] Kickstart putting /boot on sda2 (anaconda partition enumeration)?

Wed Apr 3 19:42:34 UTC 2019
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

Bryce Evans wrote:
> Does anyone know how anaconda partitioning enumerates disk partitions
> when specified in kickstart? I quickly browsed through the anaconda
> installer source on github but didn't see the relevant bits.
>
> I'm using the centOS 6.10 anaconda installer.
>
> Somehow I am ending up with my swap partition on sda1, /boot on sda2, and
>  root on sda3. for $REASONS I want /boot to be the partition #1 (sda1)
<snip>
Yeah, it always did that for me. Annoying. I'd start the build, then
change it manually. I'm pretty sure we had a pxeboot to do it right, but
it's been years, and not sure where that is just now.

     mark