[CentOS] When should I reboot?

Sat Apr 13 14:19:27 UTC 2019

On 4/13/19 3:32 AM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I reboot when I yum update to a new kernel or systemd, which seems to
> come out about once a month. Should I do it for this week's glibc? Is
> that "core" enough to justify a reboot or should I wait for the next
> kernel update?

This is basically your decision, and you seem to know what update
brings. On an uptime note: in my observation since about the time kernel
2.6 was introduced Linux has to be rebooted on average every 45 days
(either kernel or glibc security update). This was mainly what made me
move my servers from CentOS Linux to FreeBSD.

Valeri