[CentOS] Resource utilisation of processes on linux server.

Sun Apr 14 15:29:45 UTC 2019
Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>

Hi

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:33 PM J Martin Rushton via CentOS <
centos at centos.org> wrote:

> On 14/04/2019 14:17, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have around 6 processes running on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
> (Core).
> > Is there a way to find out which process is taking resources like memory,
> > CPU, I/O and network.
> >
> > Process 1 : How much memory, CPU, I/O and network is currently consuming
> on
> > linux server
> > Process 2 : How much memory, CPU, I/O and network is currently consuming
> on
> > linux server
> > Process 3 : How much memory, CPU, I/O and network is currently consuming
> on
> > linux server and so on and so forth.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance and i look forward to hearing from you.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Kaushal
> >

> From the command line there is always top(1).  If you want a GUI then
> System Tools > System Moinitor and click on "Processes".  All the
> columns are sortable.
>
> --
> J Martin Rushton MBCS

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the email. I will be interested in command line interface
tool/utility. Is there a way to find out the previous occurrence of
resource utilization? For example, there was a high load on the Linux
server which occurred three days back during the time of 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM
meaning historical data.