[CentOS] Resource utilisation of processes on linux server.

Sun Apr 14 15:51:51 UTC 2019
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>

> Thanks for the email. I will be interested in command line interface
> tool/utility. Is there a way to find out the previous occurrence of
> resource utilization? For example, there was a high load on the Linux
> server which occurred three days back during the time of 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM
> meaning historical data.

You need to look at system accounting. The command 'sa' reports on
accounting information and the command 'accton' turns on per process
accounting.  It's not usually turned on by default (on busy systems the
accounting files can get large) and it's not retrospective. (So if it's
not turned on, any per-process logs are lost once the process
terminates.)

P.