[CentOS] Recommended PHP 7 source for Centos 7

Mon Apr 22 11:12:32 UTC 2019
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 18:40, MRob <mrobti at insiberia.net> wrote:

> I know there's a couple third party repos offering PHP 7 for Centos. I
> prefer not to add too much third party that I don't have to and PHP 7
> has been mainstream for some time now, I thought maybe it would be in
> EPEL by now.

EPEL tries not replace to core EL packages so someone would have to package
up a php72 which would co-install with the normal packages and would also
supply all the other items without replacement. That takes a lot of work
and instead volunteers have focused on the PHP Software Collections and the
Remi's PHP repositories that others have mentioned.