[CentOS] Accessing Android phones on CentOS 7

Fri Apr 26 15:48:14 UTC 2019
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

My standard Linux desktop is based on a personal blend of CentOS 7 with
KDE 4.14 and various add-ons from third-party repositories like EPEL and
Nux-Dextop. After a brief stint on OpenSUSE Leap 15.0, this is what I
use on my workstation and on my laptop. And this is also what I install
on my client's machines, just like I did in our local school's computer
room.

I'm currently busy sanding down a few remaining edges, and one thing
that's left is accessing Android phones. On less conservative distros
based on KDE Plasma 5, this is a no-brainer, since all you have to do is
plug in the phone and then browse its content using Dolphin or some
other file manager. Unfortunately this is not possible with the version
of KDE shipping with CentOS 7.

Any ideas for that?

Cheers from the rainy South of France,

Niki