[CentOS] Accessing Android phones on CentOS 7

Fri Apr 26 15:51:14 UTC 2019
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

> My standard Linux desktop is based on a personal blend of CentOS 7 with
> KDE 4.14 and various add-ons from third-party repositories like EPEL and
> Nux-Dextop. After a brief stint on OpenSUSE Leap 15.0, this is what I
> use on my workstation and on my laptop. And this is also what I install on
> my client's machines, just like I did in our local school's computer room.
>
> I'm currently busy sanding down a few remaining edges, and one thing
> that's left is accessing Android phones. On less conservative distros based
> on KDE Plasma 5, this is a no-brainer, since all you have to do is plug in
> the phone and then browse its content using Dolphin or some other file
> manager. Unfortunately this is not possible with the version of KDE
> shipping with CentOS 7.
>
> Any ideas for that?

Interesting. At home, I'm still on C 6 (hate systemd), and it's not a big
deal to plug in my Nook ereader, which I believe is Android based. System
sees it, I mount it, not an issue.

> Cheers from the rainy South of France,

We're expecting a lot of rain here in the DC area today.

      mark