[CentOS] update failure

Sat Apr 27 05:02:05 UTC 2019
Emmett Culley <lst_manage at webengineer.com>

On 4/22/19 10:45 AM, Ulf Volmer wrote:
> On 22.04.19 18:12, Emmett Culley via CentOS wrote:
>> On 4/21/19 10:15 AM, Ulf Volmer wrote:
>
>>> package-cleanup --dupes
>>>
>>> will list the duplicate packages
>>>
>>> package-cleanup --cleandupes
>>>
>>> will remove the dupes. If I remember correctly, you have to add
>>> --removenewestdupes to the second command.
>
>> That didn't seem to work.  It did remove duplicates, however, I get the
>> same error when running dnf update. Should I try it without the
>> --removenewestdupes?
>

> Is 'package-cleanup --dupes' still listing dupes? Sometimes some of them
> must be removed manually.
>
> Best regards
> Ulf

Turns out I should not have used the --removenewestdupes.  When I attempted to remove a dupe, anytime I tried to remove the newest dnf would eant to remove lots of non dupe dependances.  But removing only the older packages allowed me to remove each without any dependency issues.  Too bad I didn't try running it with out remove newest before removing each manually as you suggested.  Then I'd know for sure :-)

The upgrade succeeded after manually removing the older dupes.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Emmett