[CentOS] UEFI and PXE

Sat Apr 27 19:54:17 UTC 2019
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>

Once upon a time, isdtor <isdtor at gmail.com> said:
> Yes, it looks like I'm out of luck and need to find a newer machine to test this with. Moving the tftp server works to an extent - server boots right into a grub prompt.

Weird.  I have a couple of Intel-based systems that do UEFI PXE boot
okay, but they're much newer than the 11th gen PowerEdge (I have some of
those still in service but they're not running UEFI mode).  Also,
they're client-type systems, not servers (a Thinkpad notebook and an
Intel NUC), so possibly different firmware base.

I vaguely remember in the distant past having some kind of problem like
this, and I think on those systems, I used a boot floppy (yes, that long
ago!) with gPXE on it.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>