[CentOS] browsers slowing Centos 7 installation to a crawl

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Aug 4 19:49:43 UTC 2019

elinks does not seem to be working for me.
I typed in google.com as my first url.
There seems to be no way out of google,
nor any way further in.
No place to type a url.
What appears to be the search window is black and does not accept input.
Oops.  Now I seem to have clicked on google help or something.
There seems no way to back up.
Ok.  Found the left arrow.
Still no way to search or to get out of google (except quit).

How do I adjust my DNS?
As noted, my problem has survived a change in ISPs,
but they could both be wrong.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards