[CentOS] kmod-nvidia-430.40-1.el7_6.elrepo.x86_64 fails to install

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Aug 24 18:06:45 UTC 2019

Everyone,

On August  2, my desktop unit updated with kmod-nvidia-430.40-1.el7_6.elrepo.x86_64nnn
which broke yum having a multiple of dependencies not being present.  I uninstall kmod-
dvidia with the hopes that a fresh install would fix the provlem, but it did not.

nvidia-detect returns :

kmod-nvidia
An Intel display controller was also detected

I was hoping that this was a repository problem that would become fixed, but I am still now
unable to reinstall kmod-nvidia.

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might
begin a fix.  I would surely like to use my nvidia card again.

Thanks for your help!!!

Greg Ennis