[CentOS] CentOS 8 will be released soon?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 21:07:46 UTC 2019

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 at 13:58, Alan Mead <amead at alanmead.org> wrote:

> On 8/24/2019 12:49 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 at 01:09, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
> <ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com> wrote:
>
> Good afternoon from Singapore,
>
> According to the CentOS 8 build timeline, everything has been completed except release work. Does this mean CentOS 8 will be released soon?
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/About/Building_8
>
> It means dealing with a ton of little IRQ's that built up over the
> builds. There are all the updates which have gone out from Red Hat
> since their .0. There are trying to find all the little nagging things
> people find which someone will say 'Why didn't CentOS people actually
> find this blaringly obvious problem I found in 30 seconds.. are they
> all idiots?' which happens right after every release. And there are
> the 'ok could we get this one more thing?' stuff which pile up also.
> This happens in some every .0 release from 4 onward.. 2-3 weeks where
> people wonder why stuff is being held from them...
>

> No one called anyone an 'idiot.'
>
> Actually, I think several people (including myself) just don't know what "Release work" means or what it means that the wiki says that the release work is "Not started"
>
> So thanks for your unfriendly answer. It sounds like your speculation is that there might be a release in 2-3 weeks.

I have had several people explain to me that my comments were
out-of-place and out-of-turn. When I wrote them originally I thought I
was going from experience of previous releases and thought I was being
matter of fact. In rereading I realized I was crass and grumpy. My
un-reserved apologies for that. I should have either not posted or
waited, reread and rewritten.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.