[CentOS] Slideshow/presentation software for CentOS

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sun Aug 25 23:06:20 UTC 2019

> On Aug 25, 2019, at 12:52 PM, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:
>
> I am looking for software to make slideshows/presentations on CentOS, incorporating photos, videos and text (possibly also music) allowing for transition effects etc. I'd like to be able to drag and drop/rearrange photos etc. from different folders into a timeline and eventually end up with something I can show. Ideally without having to make copies of photos and store them in a folder specific for this but drag and drop from whatever folder the photo etc. already exists in.
>
> Impress and similar PowerPoint-like software excluded.
>
> I have found a few packages on the net but nothing that is still being developed.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

If I were to do presentation and need to avoid MS PowerPoint, I will use Libre Office component: Presenter is the name  if my memory serves me. I have it on My FreeBSD workstation, don’t remember off hand if it is in main CentOS repository… Once created, one can save presentation in PDF format, and it will be ultimately portable.

Valeri

> Thank you.

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator