[CentOS] I broke "yum update" - C7

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Aug 30 10:34:19 UTC 2019

On 30/08/19 9:02 PM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> [root at stan2 ~]# yum update
>
>       2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
>          upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
>          distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
>          packages for the previous distribution release still work).
>
> Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: epel/x86_64. Please verify its path and try again

At this point I would follow the above advice, basically comment out the
metalink= lines in your epel.repo file and uncomment the baseurl lines,
then try the update again.

Later on you should try changing them back, but it appears as if for now
at least you're having issues downloading the metalink file.

Peter