[CentOS] I broke "yum update" - C7

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 12:52:41 UTC 2019

On Friday 30 August 2019 12:45:04 Paddy Doyle wrote:

> Just to mention that the 'etckeeper' package from EPEL is great for
> tracking changes to /etc. Package installs trigger a commit, as do a daily
> cron job.
>
> If in this case it was a corrupt file in /etc/pki, then a 'git log' or
> similar could show when it happened. Although I think you tried 'rpm -V'
> already so perhaps it wasn't a corrupt cert file.
>
> Paddy

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for this.  I'll have a look.

Incidentally, the *good* server that I was referencing my broken server against has decided to start giving the curl certificate errors in the same way that the broken one did. Very strange.  I ran

yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=base --enablerepo=updates reinstall ca-certificates

on this server and again it fixed the problem. This would suggest that the problem is actually external to the original broken server.