[CentOS] clamd / amavisd missing socket

Jon LaBadie

jcu at labadie.us
Fri Aug 30 17:57:37 UTC 2019

I think something along these lines appeared before
but I was unable to find them.

I'm on a 7.6 system, been running clamav and amavisd-new
since 6 days with little problem.  On a recent reboot,
clamd at amavisd does not start up and fails manual start.

The problem seems to be the missing socket that connects
the pair, "/var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.socket".

I believe this should be created by systemd files but I
see no indication of them on my system.

Anyone know which files might be missing and where to
get copies?  Or a work around to run clamd at amavisd
and get rid of the "*** UNCHECKED ***' additions to my
my Subject lines?

BTW manual creation of the socket with netcat had no effect
on the startup.

Jon
Jon H. LaBadie                 jon at jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
 Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)