[CentOS] browsers slowing Centos 7 installation to a crawl

Michael Hennebry

hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Aug 4 22:53:41 UTC 2019

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, John Pierce wrote:

> your DNS settings are in /etc/resolv.conf, just like every other unix
> system since forever.

Much to my surprise, I found this:
# Generated by NetworkManager
search midcoip.net
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 2001:48f8:3004:2ce:5a19:f8ff:fe9e:a4bc

I doubt it's the source of my problems,
but the second line looks like something midco did to me somehow.
I have noticed a midco search when I wasn't expecting one.
My problems predate midco.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards