[CentOS] browsers slowing Centos 7 installation to a crawl

Michael Hennebry

hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Aug 5 02:53:35 UTC 2019

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, John Pierce wrote:

> are you running a name server on 192.168.0.1 ?   what that ipv6 address ?

I expect that that is in the box with midco's router.
Do not know about the ipv6 address.
I was about to show to what I had changed resolv.conf,
but something changed it back.  Grrrr.
I know I didn't just forget to save it:
I tested it with nslookup:
> [hennebry at localhost ~]$ nslookup google.com
> Server:		9.9.9.9
> Address:	9.9.9.9#53
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:	google.com
> Address: 172.217.5.238

Here is the current resolv.conf:
> # Generated by NetworkManager
> # search midcoip.net
> nameserver 9.9.9.9
> nameserver 192.168.0.1
> nameserver 2001:48f8:3004:2ce:5a19:f8ff:fe9e:a4bc

When I point elinks at 192.168.0.1
I get http://192.168.0.1/login.php above a big blank window.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards