[CentOS] browsers slowing Centos 7 installation to a crawl

Tony Mountifield

tony at softins.co.uk
Tue Aug 6 09:44:23 UTC 2019

In article <alpine.DEB.2.20.1908051718240.19025 at mail.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>,
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> I'll need to do some digging to discover whether my box needs DDR2 or DDR3.DDR3
> I doubt it's DDR4.

# dmidecode | less

and look for the entries for the existing RAM you have. It will also tell
you if you have any unpopulated RAM slots ("No module installed").

It won't tell you the maximum size RAM each slot will take. For that, you
would need to look up the specs for the motherboard or system (you can find
the model number in the dmidecode output too).

Or you can go to the website for a memory vendor such as Crucial or
Kingston and enter your model number, and it will tell you what RAM is
compatible and what it costs.

Cheers
Tony
--