[CentOS] CentOS 8 will be released soon?

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:49:27 UTC 2019

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 at 01:09, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
<ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon from Singapore,
>
> According to the CentOS 8 build timeline, everything has been completed except release work. Does this mean CentOS 8 will be released soon?
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/About/Building_8

It means dealing with a ton of little IRQ's that built up over the
builds. There are all the updates which have gone out from Red Hat
since their .0. There are trying to find all the little nagging things
people find which someone will say 'Why didn't CentOS people actually
find this blaringly obvious problem I found in 30 seconds.. are they
all idiots?' which happens right after every release. And there are
the 'ok could we get this one more thing?' stuff which pile up also.
This happens in some every .0 release from 4 onward.. 2-3 weeks where
people wonder why stuff is being held from them...

--
Stephen J Smoogen.