[CentOS] CentOS7/Cups/Ldap

Thu Aug 22 07:35:26 UTC 2019
Patrick Bégou <Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr>

Hi,

I've posted this on cups forum several days ago but did not receive any suggestion. May be Centos Users/admins could give me some advices.

I've setup my first cups server to provide printing services to several clients (instead of each CentOS client reaching the printer).

It is a dedicated VM running CentOS7.

On the web interface all requests belong to Withheld user and it is difficult to know who is printing and who can cancel his request.

Is there some documentation/tutorial to instruct cups to use a remote ldap server to identify users? Of course users should not be allowed to log on the cups server with ssh!

Thanks

Patrick