[CentOS] Centos 8 install of squirrelmail

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 2 19:51:41 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-02 13:36, Ulf Volmer wrote:
> On 02.12.19 20:15, Earl Terwilliger via CentOS wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install Squirrelmail on Centos 8 but it seems that package
>> is missing in the EPEL repo for Centos 8? Anyone know if this was on
>> purpose or how to tell which packages won't be created?
>
> Squirrelmail is dead. Nobody did the work to port it to a recent php
> version. So I think you should switch to another webmail software.
> Roundcube is a good choice in my option, but there is also no package in
> EPEL 8.

Thanks, that confirms my knowledge. FreeBSD port I have mentioned in my
reply to OP's post does work with PHP 7.2. It could be port maintainer
who made necessary patching. Anyway, as an interim solution while
choosing what to migrate to it is possible to download tarball of
FreeBSD port, and installed what is in it. It shouldn't be much trouble:
php 7.2 it depends on is php 7.2 whatever system it is installed on.
Just thought.

Here is the link to FreeBSD port:

https://www.freshports.org/mail/squirrelmail/

Here is reference to squirrelmail snapshots from the above:

http://snapshots.squirrelmail.org/

I hope, this helps.

Valeri

> Best regards