[CentOS] CentOS 7 as a guest VM

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Tue Dec 3 23:24:09 UTC 2019

On Dec 3, 2019, at 1:11 PM, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there other options that this single byte CR over socket is not getting
> seen by my application.

Sure, but without the code, you’re reducing me to blind speculation.  I’m offering free debugging services here.

You also haven’t answered the question of whether the VM qualifier in the subject line actually affects the symptom.

If the problem only occurs under VMware, are we talking about ESXi or the Workstation/Fusion flavor?  (Type 1 vs Type 2 hypervisor?)

And if it also occurs when you run the receiver on C7 on bare metal, then you’ve got a generic sockets problem, not a VM problem.