[CentOS] Failed to load SELinux policy- freezing

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Fri Dec 6 13:10:18 UTC 2019

Never mind - I figured it out.  Adding "selinux=0" to the kernel options let it boot.  I reinstalled the package for selinux-policy-targeted and now it boots normally - if the audio configuration is set right.

Now to figure out why it won't boot when the audio configuration in VirtualBox is set for PulseAudio.  If I set it for ALSA, then it works.  But it worked with PulseAudio for years, and other Linux VMs on the same host work with PulseAudio.

That is not a question for this group.  I will pose it on the VirtualBox forums.  In fact, I DID post it, two years ago, but never received any kind of answer.  The VM in that case was on the same host but has now gone away for unrelated reasons.

--
Bill Gee