[CentOS] External HD partitioning & formatting considerations

Sun Dec 1 00:58:57 UTC 2019
nschehovin at yahoo.com <nschehovin at yahoo.com>

 I second that. exFAT is the way to go. Support is built in for the Mac and Windows and even Linux Mint. Support is easily installed for CentOS and Ubuntu. Looks like there was some compatability issues if the exFAT drive was formatted on a Mac. So be sure to format the drive  on Windows or Linux.  The maximum file size is 16 exabytes and 512 TB is the maximum recommended disk drive size.  We use it at work to transfer large files between Windows, Mac and Linux using external drives.
Ed

    On Saturday, November 30, 2019, 2:38:33 PM EST, Pierre Emerald <pierre.emerald at gmail.com> wrote:

 What about exfat ?