[CentOS] CentOS 8 and yum-plugin-priorities

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Mon Dec 16 16:30:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

I've been regularly using the Yum Priorities plugin for the last decade or so.
Apparently it has been obsoleted with CentOS 8.

I've googled around for replacements, and there is some conflicting or
otherwise misleading information about it.

I'm aware the late Yum developer Seth Vidal had a bad opinion of priorities.
This being said, I like the idea of third party repositories not messing with
the official stuff.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Niki