[CentOS] State of CentOS 8

Michael Kofler

maillist at kofler.info
Sun Dec 22 20:31:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have been a happy user of CentOS 7 in the past. I am now considering
switching to CentOS 8.

However, since end of Oct. 2019, I have not received any updates on my
CentOS 8 test installations. Since then, RHEL 8 has published several
critical security updates.

Obviously, this make the use of CentOS 8 in production dangerous.

I guess the missing updates have to to with RHEL version 8.1, which is
not yet available for CentOS.

Basically, I would like to ask how the CentOS team sees the state of
CentOS 8. Is the current version only intended for testing/evaluation?
When does the CentOS team consider CentOS ready for production use? Is
there any public documentation on this matter?

Thank you, best wishes and happy holidays,

    Michael