[CentOS] Using Pulse Audio--question

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Dec 23 01:01:43 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 11:34:32AM +1100, Bill Maidment wrote:
> On 23/12/2019 11:06 am, Fred Smith wrote:
>
> >I can find no way to do it with pavucontrol, nor the default mate
> >sound tool.
>
> In my SL7 Mate system I use the Hardware and Output tabs in
> System->Preferences->Hardware->Sound
>
> Cheers
> Bill

Thanks bill.

But nothing I do there causes output.

As far as I can tell, the hardware tab just shows you what HW it
recognizes, you can't actually make any settings there.

In pavucontrol, I can see the from the audio activity bar that
the audio is getting into it, in the input tab. in the recording
tab I can see it too, but there's nothing in the playback tab that
makes it come out the speakers. :(

Fred
    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996