[CentOS] State of CentOS 8

Jonathan Billings

billings at negate.org
Mon Dec 23 22:01:04 UTC 2019

On Dec 23, 2019, at 07:32, Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-12-23 at 09:16 +0100, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
>>> Le 23/12/2019 à 02:48, Akemi Yagi a écrit :
>>> You may want to watch the "CR work" on that wiki page.
>>
>> CR seems to be empty right now.
>>
> I thought that was the role of 8-stream now?

No.  8-stream is where packages will (eventually) be available to test software that’ll be part of the next point release of RHEL. So, for example, before RHEL 8.1 was released, 8-stream had kernel packages with a version-release close to what was eventually released in RHEL 8.1, and eventually into CentOS 8.1.xxxx.