[CentOS] State of CentOS 8

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Tue Dec 24 08:56:59 UTC 2019

Le 24/12/2019 à 08:03, Thomas Stephen Lee a écrit :
> I don't know whether the below steps are permitted.
> but, you can install RHEL 8.1 Developer Edition on a VM.
> Download the SRPM for your package.
> Then rebuild on the CentOS machine and install the RPM.
> This is just for the important fixes like security.

That's missing the point.

While it's perfectly understandable that there's always a certain lag
between upstream RHEL and CentOS, seven weeks without security updates
is a serious showstopper for production use.

There's a difference between "use upstream Red Hat if you badly need
those critical updates" and "don't use CentOS on your production servers".

Cheers & merry Christmas from blocked Paris on strike

:o)

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr