[CentOS] Problems installing CentOS 8

Michael Eager

eager at eagerm.com
Wed Dec 25 17:15:17 UTC 2019

On 12/23/19 5:19 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
> I'm having a problem installing CentOS 8 from a USB drive.  When the
> installer boots from the USB, it displays the language selection screen.
>   After I select English and continue, the installer freezes.  The USB
> drive flashes a couple times over the next minute or so, the stops.  The
> mouse moves the cursor, but the installer is unresponsive to either
> selecting QUIT or HELP.

I resolved the problem.

I had a multi-Tb external RAID box attached by USB to the system.
Apparently, the installer was trying to analyze the available space and
either failing or taking forever.  Once I disconnected the external
drive, the installer was able to find the local disks.

Michael Eager    eager at eagerm.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306