[CentOS] Nasty Fail2Ban update for Centos 7

John H Nyhuis

jnyhuis at uw.edu
Tue Dec 31 18:53:38 UTC 2019

Just a random stab in the dark, but CEntOS6 was iptables, and CentOS7 is
firewalld.  They take different fail2ban packages.

CentOS6 = fail2ban
CentOS7 = fail2ban-firewalld

Are you sure you are running the correct fail2ban package for your
firewall?  (I screwed this up myself before I noticed and fixed it...)

Good Luck!
Thanks,

John H. Nyhuis
Desk: (206)-685-8334