[CentOS] Yum on CentOS 8: Failed to set locale, defaulting to C

Mon Dec 16 13:46:31 UTC 2019
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 16/12/2019 à 14:25, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
> I logged out and logged back in and tried the 'yum check-update' command, which
> normally doesn't require root privileges. And here's what I get:
>
>   $ yum check-update
>   Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
>   Last metadata expiration check: 0:17:42 ago on Mon Dec 16
>   14:04:39 2019.
>
> Any idea on how to make Yum behave here?

I'll answer this myself, since I just found the culprit. I posted my initial
message after having waded through various blog posts, each with different
suggestions on how to handle the issue.

And I just found out that the answer is as simple as this:

  $ sudo yum install glibc-langpack-en

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat