[CentOS] CentOS Dojos, 2020 (And call for volunteers)

Tue Dec 3 16:48:02 UTC 2019
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Hi, folks,

I would like to (slightly) expand our number of CentOS Dojos in 2020.

(If you're not familiar with the concept of Dojos, please read
https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/ and perhaps attend our event in
Brussels in January! https://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Brussels2020 )

For 2020, we have tentatively 3 planned:

* FOSDEM Dojo (Jan 31)
* Oak Ridge National Labs (September)
* CERN (October, I think)

Dojos are typically held one of three places:

* Colocated with an existing tech event (like the FOSDEM event)
* At a business, or research org, like ORNL/CERN
* At a University, targeted at students (We have done events at Univ
Cincinnati, Univ Kentucky, Boston University, and are hoping to do
something at UTenn in 2020)

If you are interested in hosting a Dojo, please get in touch with me. I
can offer some budget, planning logistics, promotion, and help finding
speakers. What I'm looking for from you is a venue, local contacts for
help getting stuff done, and possibly someone to act as an MC for those
events that I am unable to attend in person.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166