[CentOS] PHP handler for .html files - C7

Mon Dec 9 09:38:48 UTC 2019
Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk>

Morning all,

I am finally moving some old (F9 thru F17) servers to C7 (Plus PHP7/Pgsql10) boxes.  On the old boxes they all had it set so that .htm and .html files were handled by PHP in addition to the normal .php files.

This was done with the simple change to:

AddHandler php5-script .php .htm .html
AddType text/html .php .htm .html

in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.inc. I did the same on my first new server but found that this did not work, and the login.html did not get handled.  I then added it to fine filematch so my full php.conf on the new box is:

<Files ".user.ini">
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
        Require all denied
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
        Satisfy All
    </IfModule>
</Files>
AddType text/html .php .htm .html
DirectoryIndex index.php
<IfModule  mod_php7.c>
    <FilesMatch \.(php|phar|htm|hml)$>
        SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
    </FilesMatch>
    php_value session.save_handler "files"
    php_value session.save_path    "/var/lib/php/session"
    php_value soap.wsdl_cache_dir  "/var/lib/php/wsdlcache"
</IfModule>

I done some Googling and have found a number of responses saying that this can not be done, this should not be done, this can be done, and here's how to do it. However I haven't found a response that actually works.  I have dozens of sites with hundreds of pages so I really would like to find a solution. Can anyone help?