[CentOS] systemctl behaves like it is being piped to less in centos 8?

Fri Dec 13 16:11:14 UTC 2019
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

Comparing the output of systemctl between centos 7 and 8:

[root at mail ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core)
[root at mail ~]# systemctl status firewalld
● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; enabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2019-10-25 00:24:24 UTC; 1
months 19 days ago
     Docs: man:firewalld(1)
 Main PID: 6578 (firewalld)
   CGroup: /system.slice/firewalld.service
           └─6578 /usr/bin/python2 -Es /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output
is incomplete or unavailable.
[root at mail ~]#

So far so good. Don't know why it is complaining about log being
rotated but output looks readable. Now, let's grab a centos8 box:

[raub at vmhost2 ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 8.0.1905 (Core)
[raub at vmhost2 ~]$ systemctl status firewalld
● firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; enabled; vendor p>
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-12-10 20:10:20 EST; 2 days ago
     Docs: man:firewalld(1)
 Main PID: 1031 (firewalld)
    Tasks: 2 (limit: 26213)
   Memory: 33.5M
   CGroup: /system.slice/firewalld.service
           └─1031 /usr/libexec/platform-python -s /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork >
lines 1-9/9 (END)

As you can see, it is trimming the output at the end of my terminal
window, which I do not care; there are options (-i I think) to make it
wrap around, but the line

lines 1-9/9 (END)

is what is annoying me. That seems to be what I would expect if I
piped it to less. I checked a fedora 31 and another centos 8 box and
am seeing the same behaviour. Am I missing something?