[CentOS] Roundcube does not show emails

Sun Dec 8 15:15:58 UTC 2019
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 08/12/2019 à 11:10, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
> I installed Roundcube 1.4.1 on a sandbox server running CentOS 7, Postfix and
> Dovecot, with half a dozen test email accounts.
>
> Mail is setup correctly under the hood, e. g. I can access any account via
> Thunderbird for sending and receiving mail.
>
> And SELinux is set to permissive until everything works correctly.
>
> I took some notes (in french) on the installation procedure under CentOS :
>
>   * https://github.com/kikinovak/HOWTOs/blob/master/Roundcube-HOWTO.txt
>
> All tests in the installer (including SMTP and IMAP login) are OK.
>
> But still, when I login to an account, no emails are showing. The inbox shows
> up empty, even if it's not.
>
> Another malfunction is that I cannot edit any identity. When I click on the
> user's identity, I get a spinning wheel, and the page does not open.
>
> I already have Roundcube 1.4rc1 running on my main workhorse server, it runs
> nicely. I tried to figure out what I did differently on that machine, but
> couldn't figure it out so far.
>
> I took a peek in the various log files, but found nothing suspect. Or maybe I
> don't know what to look for.
>
> Any suggestions? I'm a bit clueless here and don't even know where to start.

I'll answer this myself, since I just found the culprit.

It turns out Roundcube uses iframes to display messages, which were blocked by
my Apache configuration.

I corrected this by adding the following option to my server configuration:

Header always set X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"

And the some more time to figure out I had to purge the Firefox cache to use
the new configuration, and everything's perfect.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr