[CentOS] The case of the missing /boot/grub2/grub.cfg in centos8

Fri Dec 27 13:48:12 UTC 2019
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 7:04 AM Eddie O'Connor <eoconnor25 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't a "find grub / find grub*"....or "locate grub / locate grub*"
> work?...

      locate would require to install that package and run updatedb
first. But, it would save time looking for files that have been
already added to its db, specially compared to running find in a large
system.

> On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 6:57 AM Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> > > You're probably on an EFI system, and your grub.cfg is in a different
> > > location. Can't remember it off the top of my head, but do
> >
> > /etc/grub2-efi.cfg -> ../boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg

      Right you are. I have to say sometimes I wonder if running EFI
in this system (200GB boot drive I am using 10G of it) makes sense.
With that said, if that is the case, why would the alias
/etc/grub2.cfg  still be created if it points to a non-existing file?
Wouldn't it make sense for it to just either not to be there at all or
point to the efi one? I can make arguments for both sides, but not for
a homeless alias.

On a side note, would it be a case where both
/boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg and /boot/grub2/grub.cfg are installed?